Overall, just going for a ballpark figure, I think I read somewhere between 45-55 books last year. This includes a LOT of comics. I read some Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Saga, and Hellblazer, the one about John Constantine. I also tore through a good number of mysteries by Dorothy Sayers, and some modern mysteries like The Girl on the Train and Career of Evil. And I did a bunch of rereading of Jane Austen, the Brontes, Agatha Christie, Tolkien...a lot of rereading.
So what were the best things?
- All the Dorothy Sayers I read was amazing
- The Girl on the Train
- Love and Terror on the Howling Plains of Nowhere by Poe Ballantine
- I read the first 6 volumes of Hellblazer, the John Constantine Comic
- The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin
- Armada by Ernest Cline
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (what's with the subtitle thing I've got going here?)
- The Martian
- Game of Thrones Season 6
- Jessica Jones
- I watched all of the Hannibal show
- I had an amazing daughter who I have the privilege to watch grow and learn
- Going on this journey with my awesome husband
- Seeing so many of our relatives meet little Eleanor
I really want to get back into blogging but am trying to find the time. It's just so hard! Maybe doing some challenges will help?