All Moved In
I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since I posted last. Moving moving moving. We are now in the new place and I am loving it. We actually started moving in Friday May 5 but we had the majority of our things moved on the 6th. The indoor pic is the living room before we had unpacked much. It is a telling fact that first we had the Direct TV going, then we started working on the bathroom. Living with BF so far isn't much different than almost living with him before.
One thing I did to delay packing up was put books on my LibraryThing. I had about 40 paperbacks in a box that was open and only about half full. Some I remember I had and some I did not. I found out a lot of random things about myself. and my collection and my tastes.
- My Mercedes Lackey books look like there is no logic or reason behind my choices. In fact there is: I only purchased the ones the Nashville Library didn't have!
- I love my favorites too much. My copy of The Vampire Lestat is underlined and highlighted, the cover is falling off and the whole thing is rubberbanded to hold it together. I should invest in a second copy. The Eyes of the Dragon has it's cover taped on and water damage. The Shining is not written in but is a probably third in condition.
- I have a copy of Interview with the Vampire that I shouldn't. I originally got the series in early high school (sophomore year maybe?) My copy was very well loved. I had a Religion in Literature class my freshman year of college and we covered this novel, so at that point my book acquired a better level of underlines and marginalia. Then I let my boyfriend at the time borrow it. He promptly "lost" it. He was a Cajun Catholic so it was probably my fault for letting him touch it.
- I didn't read Different Seasons or Exit to Eden in 1986. I was ten. These are definitely from a used bookstore.
- I also have a 1983 edition of Something Wicked This Way Comes. I think I may have lifted this from my dad. I may have done that with The Shining (1978).
currently: catching up on Daily Shows and Colbert Reports