um, sorry, wrong book.
But it is a great story. I've already hopped on the library site to get the next one. It reminded me a little of the Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey with less sex and much shorter. Third one comes out in the spring, so that's another that'll be up for next year.
Speaking of next year, i signed up for one more challenge. The Young Adult Challenge over on Thoughts of Joy. 12 young adult books for the year. when i go over to YA, i end up loving it. Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Lemony Snicket are all great series. I've been wanting to read some Roald Dahl as I only read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a kid. And through the last few months I've read several reviews for some books that will qualify for this challenge too. So the list, so far:
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Marked by PC Cast and Kristin Cast
- The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
- Eldest by Christopher Paolini (I read Eragon a while back)
- Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
- Heaven's Net is Wide by Lian Hearn
- House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
- The Giver by Lois Lowry