New Ratings System
So I have been trying to get some kind of rating system. I've seen ones of out of 5 or out of 10 ranks, but 5 is too few and 10 is too many and has no middle point. So i am working out of 7. Hey, i was born 7/7 so i'll just run with that theme.
- Awful. Just awful. if it is a movie i wished i walked out or turned it off. For a book it better be from the library because i am returning it.
- Bad. Why did i bother with this?
- Not very good for me at least. I'll give this to things i don't like but could at least see that others might appreciate.
- OK. I don't feel like i wasted my time with it but i probably wouldn't read or watch it again. If i own it i wouldn't feel bad if i lent it out and someone didn't return it.
- Good. Time well spent.
- Great. I will probably talk this up to everyone but it doesn't quite fall into the category of "if you don't like it i am going to be annoyed with you" ;)
- Stupendous. I love it. I am buying it if i haven't already and will attempt to foist it on others. If it's a DVD it is going into heavy rotation.
- Jeepers Creepers, Trainspotting (the book).
- Da Vinci Code, Book and Movie
- Natural Born Killers, The Road
- Talledega Nights, The Rest Falls Away
- X-Men 3, Poison Study
- Cloverfield, Lian Hearn's Otori Series
- Pan's Labyrinth, Harry Potter series
so maybe going forward things will be a bit more standardized.