A bit of Southern Charm
And about 1000 calories. So lots of people i've talked to recently in the internet world have no idea what chess pie is. while i must admit before i moved to TN i also was ignorant of this masterpiece, it has become my favorite dessert at any potluck or party i'm at. It is so tooth-jaringly sweet that just thinking about it makes me want a glass of milk. recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Beat in the eggs and buttermilk until blended. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla. Pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until filling is set.