so i've had a bit of a new beginning this year myself. I've started seeing someone! B is a very sweet, warm guy...who works nights and really likes to read! *grins* A guy I can swap books with...how much better can i get? That's almost as good as having your best friend be your same size so you can swap clothes! But seriously, I'm having a great time being in that goofy, getting to know you, sweetly awkward, early relationship stage. I'm grinning all the time!
Changing gears back to fall in general, My Friend Amy is doing a Fall Recipe Exchange. I've recently developed an absolute, desperate love of butternut squash. While i haven't made soup yet (though apparently it's a favorite of B's so i've got to do one soon), i've done several different casseroles and even a mac and cheese! This one is my favorite so far. the bread crumbs give a good crunch and the bleu cheese balances the sweetness of the squash. hope you like it!
- 1 (4 pound) butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/3 yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Toss the squash, onion, olive oil, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, thyme, and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs over the squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes.