A ten random books meme from Stuck In A Book! The idea is to pick 10 randomly from your bookshelves and see what that says about you. I went to random.org to get the numbers and pulled the books from my librarything list, which is in order by author. so here i go.
- Number 129- When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason- unread, recommended by various book bloggers, i bought the series but have only read the first 2. Vampires and a kick-ass heroine.
- Number 178- Magic's Price by Mercedes Lackey- read a while back and purchased after, a fantasy series that happens to have a gay hero.
- Number 38- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury- read, sci-fi short stories that i didn't particularly like. Haven't sold it or put it on paperbackswap because i bought it used for $1 and it smells heavily of cigarettes.
- Number 137- Start Making Sense: Turning the Lessons of Election 2004 into Winning Progressive Politics by Don Hazen- read, probably in a very weird depressed/optimistic mood.
- Number 76- The Witches by Roald Dahl- read, I guess this shows that i'm trying to go back and read some of the classics of children's lit that i skipped over as a child myself.
- Number 158- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White- sort of read? I got this after reading Stephen King's On Writing. I haven't read it cover to cover but i have skimmed bits when i needed an answer.
- Number 210- King Rat by China Mieville- unread, don't know why i picked this one up.
- Number 251- ok, this is the first one i wanted to cheat on, because the book is The Story of O by Pauline Reage. I haven't even read it yet but i'm blushing as i write this out anyway because we both know what this is about! It is on the 1001 books list which is why i bought it.
- Number 188- Like a Splinter in Your Mind: The Philosophy Behind the Matrix Trilogy by Matt Lawrence-read. more sci-fi, from the pop culture and philosophy type books that i love. also points to the fact that i like head-trippy movies.
- Number oops, i had to cheat on this one, the random number drew 251 again, on a re-roll i got
- Number 25- Cabal by Clive Barker- read. Horror novellas.