WHEEE! R.I.P V Begins!
Carl over on Stainless Steel Droppings has announced Readers Imbibing Peril V! As summer ends, theoretically i guess as it is far too warm here to think about fall, the book blog world turns darker and creepier. We all switch from happy summer reads to gothic mysteries and heart stopping horror!
I'm going for to do Peril the First, reading at least 4 books. And i am sure i'll be throwing in a few short stories and movies as well! Here's my pool of possibilities:
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins- old school Victorian mystery
- The Meaning of Night and The Glass of Time by Michael Cox- historical weird mystery
- Feed by Mira Grant- YA dystopia sorta-zombies, i think
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Peter Suskind- non-fiction
- The Year of Disappearances by Susan Hubbard- YA vampires
- Beloved by Toni Morrison- Well, it is about a ghost!
- Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L Sayers- classic mystery
- Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist- foreign zombies
- House of Mystery, Vol. 1 by Matthew Sturges- Graphic Novel
I've also got three books on my library hold list that, if i get them in time, will count for this challenge too!
- The Murder Room: The Heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases by Mike Capuzzo- Non-fiction
- The Walking Dead, Vol 12 by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard- Graphic Novel
- The Fall: Book 2 of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan- obligatory BIG Bestseller :)
So i have lots and lots of choices here. I'll be packing and moving apartments but surely i can get through 4 books!
Speaking of moving, I'll be doing that over the weekend of Oct 8-10, which is also the weekend of the Southern Festival of Books here in Nashville and the weekend of Dewey's fall read a thon! eek! I guess i'll have to get a little bit of everything done.
What's your peril?