I'm going for to do Peril the First, reading at least 4 books. And i am sure i'll be throwing in a few short stories and movies as well! Here's my pool of possibilities:
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins- old school Victorian mystery
- The Meaning of Night and The Glass of Time by Michael Cox- historical weird mystery
- Feed by Mira Grant- YA dystopia sorta-zombies, i think
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Peter Suskind- non-fiction
- The Year of Disappearances by Susan Hubbard- YA vampires
- Beloved by Toni Morrison- Well, it is about a ghost!
- Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L Sayers- classic mystery
- Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist- foreign zombies
- House of Mystery, Vol. 1 by Matthew Sturges- Graphic Novel
I've also got three books on my library hold list that, if i get them in time, will count for this challenge too!
- The Murder Room: The Heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases by Mike Capuzzo- Non-fiction
- The Walking Dead, Vol 12 by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard- Graphic Novel
- The Fall: Book 2 of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan- obligatory BIG Bestseller :)
So i have lots and lots of choices here. I'll be packing and moving apartments but surely i can get through 4 books!
Speaking of moving, I'll be doing that over the weekend of Oct 8-10, which is also the weekend of the Southern Festival of Books here in Nashville and the weekend of Dewey's fall read a thon! eek! I guess i'll have to get a little bit of everything done.
What's your peril?