- I really love epics. Genre doesn't matter, sci-fi, fantasy, historical fiction, i love stories that are long and cover a character's lifetime. I like seeing these people change and grow.
- I never had more than 2-3 books that i owned that were unread before i started book blogging. you people are bad examples!
- I didn't read a lot of the "childhood classics". at least, not when i was a child. I read some: Stuart Little, The Westing Game, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler. But i skipped on to more adult books pretty quickly and didn't read many of the ones everyone seemed to. I've somewhat attempted to remedy that.
- I believe if it's good, it's good and it doesn't matter if it's genre, or new, or old, or for kids, or YA, or hard to get through. No amount of hype or popularity can make not good good but it can't make good not good either!
- I love having a boyfriend who reads. Of all the things i pictured in possible boyfriends a reader honestly never crossed my mind. It is really wonderful.
- My library card number is 14 digits long...and i know it by heart.
- I can't go into McKay's without buying a book.
- Of the books I have in my own home, the one i've owned the longest is probably my paperback copy of The Shining by Stephen King. I've had it over 20 years. The newest book came in to the house today and is a hardback copy of Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind. Picked it up for $6 at McKay's!
- When I was a kid I pictured heaven as a giant library.
- I can read with music on, or sports, but not a real movie or narrative TV show.
20 March 2011
Weekly Geeks 2011-10
I'm trying to find some interesting ways to answer this one! The idea is simple. Tell us ten things about you with regard to books and reading. Let your imagination run wild!