As always, these are things that were new to ME this year, not necessarily published or released this year. And not just 10 of things!
- The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley
- Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
- The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell
- Five Days at Memorial by Sheri Fink
- My Real Children by Jo Walton
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- The Lucifer Box series by Mark Gatiss
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov
- Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
- Night Film by Marissa Pessi
- Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
- March, Book 1 by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell
- Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples
- Sex Criminals Volume 1: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
- 12 Years a Slave
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- In a World
- Dallas Buyer's Club
- Fargo, the TV show
- Broadchurch (UK version)
- True Detective
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Sherlock Season 3
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Only Lovers Left Alive
- Spending several days with B and my family in Orlando, hanging out and doing Disney.
- Meeting my nephew X.
- Passing my comps and getting my master's Degree!
- Finally finding a library job.
- playing several video games (including Tomb Raider and Bioshock 3) through to the end. I guess I can thank unemployment for that :)
- Going with friends to an amazing Halloween Party dressed as Death from Sandman
- Seeing Ok GO live in a packed venue
- Going to SPAIN! My first use of the passport I got when we got married in 2012
- Learned to make decent bread, both French and regular
- Watching Arsenal win the FA Cup!
There's one other thing that really made 2014 amazing that I'll probably blog about next week. Consider my vagueness a teaser trailer!
I'm rather annoyed at myself. In writing this post, I scrolled back through my facebook feed to remember events and other things I raved about. Came across at least 4 books that I read but never blogged about. It was, in part, a side-effect of reading so much; i would finish one book and almost immediately start another and completely forget to make a blog note about it. I have to be a little better at that next year.
What was your best book, movie, event or happening in 2014?